Wednesday, January 16, 2013

More HDR Experiments



You know I have a thing about fire hydrants. I just couldn’t resist the temptation to “play” with the Pentax K-01’s HDR capabilities while sitting in the Walmart parking lot a few nights ago. My goal was to focus on the fire hydrant and catch some folks walking by in a “street photography” kind of composition.

I took several shots but this is the one I like the best. The photo’s data properties don’t really tell you exactly what the camera did. It only tells you that the exposure settings were f4.5, 1/13, and ISO @ 1600. Clearly, using the HDR Auto setting resulted in three separate shots taken and then merged in camera post processing to create the one shown here.

As you can see from the cropped photo below the fire hydrant is quite sharp. I would say the HDR Auto works very well in this typical kind of night scene.

All of my shots including this one were hand held although I did brace the camera against the steering wheel to help steady it. Also of note is that these were taken from inside the vehicle through the tinted windshield.


No comments:

Post a Comment