Saturday, January 5, 2013

It Pays to Stay Informed




Here’s another shot from the very first group taken with my new Pentax K-01 camera. This one taken with the 40mm lens at f2.8, 1/80 and ISO @ 100, all selected by the camera set on auto.

I ran across an article a couple months back announcing that Pentax had issued a firmware update for the K-01. I bookmarked it at the time suspecting that one way or another a K-01 was in my future and I just finished updating my K-01 to this latest version. I can’t really notice any difference but of course I’ve only had it a few days and taken only a handful of photos.

This update is supposed to greatly improve the auto-focus, the general stability of the cameras functions and the stability of the camera’s write capability to SD cards. Hopefully this is in response to and fixes any problems encountered by users in the past few months since it was introduced.

In any case this just shows it pays to stay up to date on photographic news. I suspect there are many K-01 owners out there who are not even aware that such an update to the firmware was released. I make a habit to peruse a few web sites like Shutterbug, Popular Photography, and ephotozine every now and then to stay up to date on photography news and equipment releases and recommend you do the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment