Sunday, January 13, 2013

Never Quit Learning!

Scan_Pic0028-001 by wizowel
Scan_Pic0028-001, a photo by wizowel on Flickr.
I am playing with and learning more about how to use Picasa and Flickr on this rainy Sunday afternoon.

This is a 30 year old photo of Mary with a fire hydrant in the foreground - my two favorite subjects. How can it get any better than this?

Taken with my old OM-1N back in 1983, probably on Kodak Tri-X, while strolling through the New Orleans French Quarter.

I scanned it on my HP flatbed scanner, tagged it in Picasa, uploaded it to Flickr, and shared it on Blogger.

Click on the photo or the link under the photo to go to my Flickr page and see the tags etc.

01/22/2013 Update:
The one thing that always bothered me about this picture is that when it was shot I obviously was paying more attention to the fire hydrant than Mary and I turned the camera so that the hydrant was more vertical. The truth is that the hydrant was not vertical at all and in so doing Mary and the building ended up at an angle.

Now 30 years later I can finally fix that in Picasa (see below). Ain't technology great!

5 comments:

  1. Love black and white. It is a piece of art John.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I always forget to hit reply. Please see my comment below.

      Delete
  2. Thanks, just goes to show that even I can be a bit creative at times, especially when I have a fire hydrant and a beautiful woman in front of my camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! needs to be put in a frame and hung up somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm working on that, and more photo albums too but it may just have to hang out in the e-album for now.

      Delete