Tuesday, January 8, 2013

When You Can't Take Pictures

So here is a pictorial explanation why I'm not out taking pictures these days. This shot is from my office window (taken from inside with my new K-01 and the 40mm lens set at f4.5, 1/80 and ISO @ 800) showing the really lousy weather we've been having lately.

Yeah, I know some photographers get out there knee deep in snow or with umbrellas or a rain slicker and do it anyway but I'm not one of them. Unless I have a real need to get out in cold and wet weather I don't. The good thing about living on the Gulf Coast is if you don't like the weather you just hang around a little while because it usually changes every few hours. Unfortunately we've been stuck with cold and rainy since Christmas with no end in sight.

Anyway, so far I really like both the K-01 and the 40mm pancake lens. I want to strap the 17-55 zoom on and "take it out for a ride" but it would be a waste from my office window and I'm not going out there in this so that will have to wait until fairer weather.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment